In assessing the long run prospects of a country shaped by its geopolitical environment, risk and opportunity is profiled based on our deep technical expertise of the following:
- The stability of the political system and its political economy.
- National Investment Policies
- FDI programs
- Control mechanisms affecting foreign investors such as regulatory changes, objections to foreign takeover attempts etc.
- Identifying key political characters involved in policy making and their influence on market outcomes
- The legal system and the prevalence of the rule of law.
Domestic operating conditions are evaluated for their compatibility with our client’s existing business model to determine if a new market is the right medium to realize particular business ambitions. This is done by analyzing the following:
- Existing business venture in its existing sphere of operations.
- Past, present and future market size & trends
- Competitive landscape
- Consumer Insights
- Regulatory and Political patterns
- Potential return on Investment through participation in FDI programs
- All other matters in relation to a client’s risk appetite.
To facilitate a smooth transition into new market conditions, we work with executives from a parent company to design and implement sustainable growth strategies for the newly created subsidiary to avoid threats that were hitherto non-existent, increase its access to more revenue streams and customers, and outperform the competition, whilst retaining its founding principles.